True or false? You would hire a copywriting agency that…
- knows you’re investing in its skills because you have a commercial goal?
- secures 80% of its business through word of mouth?
- can write control-beating direct response copy for digital and print?
- sees 97% of its clients come back to commission further copywriting?
- is headed by copywriters with over 60 years’ business experience?
That’s what this copywriting agency can offer you. And something else…
Rated by our peers
In a recent Direct Marketing Association poll of British copywriters, our MD, Andy Maslen, was only pipped to the top spot by advertising giants Dave Trott and David Abbott.
(We still make him fetch the sandwiches in for meetings, though.)
How we won The Economist as a client
We set up shop in 1996. Our first major client was The Economist. How did we win their business? By writing to their CEO.
The agency is privately held by the two founding directors, Andy Maslen and Jo Kelly. We are based in Salisbury, in the South of England.
And a wide range of smaller companies in sectors as diverse as software, engineering, publishing, conferences and healthcare.
Why the name Sunfish?
To be a great copywriter, you have to be a voracious reader. One of our favourite books is Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor.
On page 2, 3 lines from the bottom there’s a reference to Sunfish Bay. We just loved the image and shortened it for our name.